The special Kick-Off for the event is on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at the Mill Valley Community Center. Artists will pick up their recycled bicycle wheels and learn of the contest categories at the Kick-Off. The contest application deadline is Wednesday, April 22, 2015 @ 5pm.
Both cycling and the careful recycling of materials are an integral part of life in Mill Valley. Artists will create their own distinctive artistic interpretations using recycled bicycle wheels provided by the Mill Valley Arts Commission. Contest applications for artists of all ages will begin on Wednesday, April 1, 2015. The application deadline is Wednesday, April 22, 2015. Applications are available online by clicking here, download by clicking here or at the Mill Valley Community Center 180 Camino Alto beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
Artwork submissions will be accepted at the Mill Valley Community Center beginning Monday, June 29 and until Friday, July 10. Artwork can be accepted M-F 9am-5pm.
Contest application fees: $25.00 per adult participant or $15.00 for youth (15 and under) and senior (62 and over). Application fees will be due at the time applications are submitted and recycled wheels are provided. Recycled wheels will be available on Tuesday April 21 (6:30pm-8pm) and Wednesday April 22 (9am-5pm) ONLY.
A panel of three esteemed judges will jury artist submissions and prizes will be awarded. Contest categories will be announced at the reCYCLE Kick-Off event on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
- Within 36" in diameter, 24" in depth and 20lbs in weight
- Made of weather tolerant materials
- Appropriate for all ages and containing no obscene or offensive features
- Able to be installed and displayed without posing risk to the general public
- Will be displayed at the City's discretion, up to a maximum of 1 year
- City accepts no liability for maintenance or repairs of artwork
- Artist will retain ownership of artwork