As the City previously announced, the bulk of the paving will occur at night, but there will be daytime impacts as well. The outbound section of Miller will be closed – both directions of traffic will be moved to the two lanes on the inbound side – from approximately July 9 to July 14. The inbound section of Miller will be closed – both directions of traffic will move to the two lanes on the outbound side – from July 16 to July 21. BUSINESS OWNERS SHOULD READ BELOW TO LEARN HOW THIS WILL DIRECTLY IMPACT THEIR ACCESS AND PARKING.
NOTE: Although the City has developed the schedule below for the upcoming work, the dates below are subject to change. City officials say the conditions on the ground – quite literally – will dictate the exact schedule.
- Please park outside of the work area to ensure access to your vehicle.
- June 12-June 13: During the first two days (1 day in each direction), while the work crews conduct grinding operations, please expect temporary closure of driveways and side streets for up to 15 minutes throughout the day.
- June 13-June 26: During the next ten days (5 days in each direction), while the work crews conduct concrete removal and temporary paving, please expect closed driveways and side streets for most of the day(s) that work crews are in front of those areas. We are requesting of anyone who needs to use their vehicles during the day, or have clients/visitors entering the area to please advise them of the following roadway and driveway closures.
- When: Tuesday, June 13 through Friday, June 16 and Monday, June 19
- Where: Inbound between Willow Street and Millwood with detours and closures modified daily based on area of work, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Details: Concrete removal will start at Willow Street on Tuesday, June 13. Traffic will be detoured based on the area of work and detour capabilities. Work will progress inbound toward Millwood Street which is expected to be completed Monday, June 19.
- When: Tuesday, June 20 - Friday, June 23 and Monday, June 26
- Where: Outbound between Millwood and Willow with detours and closures modified daily based on area of work, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Details: Concrete removal will start at Millwood Street on Tuesday, June 20. Traffic willbe detoured based on the area of work and detour capabilities. Work will progress outbound toward Willow Street which is expected to be completed Monday, June 26.
Mainstreet (Willow - Valley Circle/Reed)
Beginning Monday, June 19, construction crews will grind existing asphalt and remove old buried concrete in the Mainstreet area. The grinding and concrete removal will be completed on weekdays between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm. Work will begin in the "inbound" direction (toward downtown). The City will send updates via email will follow, as construction progresses. Sign up here.
The concrete removal requires traffic to be shifted to one side of Miller Avenue while the opposite side of the street is being worked on. The concrete removal is expected to take 3 weeks to complete, 3-4 days Inbound and 10-12 days Outbound. Pedestrian access will continue to be accommodated during the work.
- After grinding the roadway, portions of Miller Avenue will temporarily be a gravel material. Please use caution when crossing and traveling through this gravel roadway.
- There will be roadway and driveway closures associated with this work.
- Left turns will not be allowed in detour areas, including out of driveways and across the median and into side streets.
- The detours and driveway closures will be modified daily based on the construction activities at hand. When possible, updated schedules will be sent. Work crews will coordinate with owners and managers on site. Temporary parking for employees will be provided along the grassy median between Valley Circle and 505 Miller starting Monday, June 19th.
- We are requesting that anyone who needs to use their vehicles during the day, or who has clients/employees/deliveries entering the area to advise them of the following roadway and driveway closures:
- When: Monday, June 19 through Wednesday, June 21, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Where: Inbound between Valley Circle and Willow Street with detours and closures modified daily.
- Details: Concrete removal will be focused near Willow Street and Evergreen Avenue. Traffic will be detoured onto the opposite side of Miller Avenue based on the area of work and available median openings.
- Mon, June 19: Valley Circle to Willow (1 Inbound lane will remain open)
- Tues, June 20: La Goma to Willow (311 to 375 Miller)
- Weds, June 21:Valley Circle to La Goma (383 to 445 Miller)
- When: Thursday, June 22 through Friday, June 30, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Where: Outbound between Willow Street and Valley Circle with detours and closures modified daily.
- Details: Concrete removal is more extensive in the outbound direction, with multiple work areas. Traffic will be detoured onto the opposite side of Miller Avenue based on the area of work and available median openings.
- Thur, June 22: Willow to Evergreen (1 Outbound lane will remain open)
- Fri, June 23: Willow to Evergreen (1 Outbound lane will remain open)
- Mon, June 26: North of Willow to La Goma
- Tues, June 27: Locust to Evergreen
- Weds, June 28: Locust to Evergreen
- Thurs, June 29: La Goma to Reed
- Fri, June 30: La Goma to Reed
- You will see temporary gravel placed in the shoulders.
- You will see detours around the work that will shift daily.
- Please obey all signs and flaggers.
- Please proceed slowly and with caution through the work zone.
- Pedestrian access will continue to be accommodated during the work.
- Emergency access to Fire and Police will remain at all times during the workday. Please do not hesitate to call 911 in an emergency.
City to Add Median Parking for Employees & Commuters At Miller Median Just South of Reed Street/Valley Circle
The temporary parking is scheduled to be available from June 19 to July 21 and will have no time limits.
The temporary configuration reduces the Gateway section of Miller Avenue to one travel lane in each direction. Please obey all signs, cones, posted speed limits and proceed with caution through the work area.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Sign up for our weekly updates and learn more here.