Organizers tout nightly fireworks over the beautiful lagoon, headline entertainment including Steel Pulse, Dwight Yoakam, Cheap Trick and many more, carnival rides, barnyard & petting zoo, and unique creative exhibits all topped off with a delicious variety of foods and refreshing treats and beverages.
“We developed the theme as an opportunity to honor the 50th anniversary of the landing on the moon, but also to showcase the feeling the Fair evokes from our entire community,” says Director of Cultural Services Gabriella C. Calicchio. “Celebrating art, agriculture, and community are values we hold near and dear and we are literally ‘over the moon’ with excitement in the planning for the 2019 Fair.”
Wednesday, July 3, 7:30 pm - Dwight Yoakam
Thursday, July 4, 3:00 pm - The Distractions
Thursday, July 4, 7:30 pm - ABBA The Concert
Friday, July 5, 7:30 pm - Steel Pulse
Saturday, July 6, 7:30 pm - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Sunday, July 7, 3:00 pm - Mariachi Divas
Sunday, July 7, 7:30 pm - Cheap Trick
2019 FAIR HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Space Station Museum: special exhibit of largest private collection of U.S., Russian and Soviet space exploration artifacts.
- On the Blue Ribbon Stage, featured cheese of the day as an homage to the moon made of cheese in the Fair artwork.
- Street Drum Corps will rock the Fair with world-renowned, high energy, drum and percussion. Three shows daily in the Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium. 1pm, 3pm, & 5pm.
- Over 12,000 Exhibits including themed exhibit categories which include decorated moons and paper moons; exciting photography categories including moonscapes, barnyard buddies, and trees; new and innovative makers projects; baked goods, lively culinary contests, fine art, and much more.
- Special street painting exhibit by Italian Street Painting Marin in the Shade Garden Tent, featuring local master Madonnari Lisa Jones, Joel Yau and Genna Panzarella. ** Fun street painting activity for youth on Children’s Day – Wednesday, July 3rd.
- 28 Free Carnival Rides featuring 10-story Giant Ferris Wheel and Solar Carousel from Butler Amusements.
- Nightly Fireworks over the lagoon at 9:30 pm.
- 49th Annual International Short Film and Video Festival in the 300-seat Showcase Theater at 5 & 7 pm daily.
- Attractions for the entire family: Something Ridiculous comedy juggling duo, Golden Gate Garrison — 501st Legion, Stilt Circus and Rawhide Express Train.
- Barnyard with farm animals, Great American Pig Races & Petting Zoo, Fur & Feathers Tent, Vaulting, Junior Dairy Cattle Show, Sheep Dog Trials, Junior Dairy Goats and Classic Beef Show, Market Swine Show and Pygmy Goats.
- Three Twins Solar Stage features popular contests: Hip Hop and Break Dance, Dancing Stars, Singing Stars and “Star Search” Performing Arts Competitions.
- Green Room Gallery – artful shopping featuring one-of-a-kind locally produced gifts and a chance to meet some of Marin County’s top artisans who will showcase unique jewelry, textiles, home accessories and quality crafts.
- Over the Moon Virtual Reality – Experience the Fair in an otherworldly way! The XR Barnyard helps the cow, rooster, chick blast off to the moon with a little Augmented Reality help. Step into the virtual time machine to experience the Apollo 11 journey through the eyes of those who lived through it. Fairgoers will help the farm animals find the supplies and find the robot to make the epic moon landing and answer these questions...... Is the moon really made of cheese? What is on the dark side of the moon? Do aliens really live in the craters?
The 411: The Marin County Fair opens Wednesday, July 3 and runs through Sunday, July 7. Ticket prices range from $15-$20 and are available here and at the entrance. MORE INFO & TIX.
Want to know what's happening around town? Click here to subscribe to the Enjoy Mill Valley Blog by Email!