The awards show is set for Thursday, May 18, 6-8pm, at the Mill Valley Community Center. "It is important that we recognize the contributions these luminaries have made to the Marin Design Community," says Vanguard's Kevin Patsel. "Each has added significantly in their own way to their respective categories and it's appropriate that we take a moment to honor their work."
In addition to Curtis, who in 2015 co-founded the Mill Valley Design District to celebrate the confluence of innovative, design-focused businesses on and around Miller Avenue, the Marin Design Awards will also honor:
- Architecture: Jared Polsky, Polsky Perlstein Architects
- Interior Design: Robert Federighi, Robert Federighi Design
- Landscape Design: Michael Yandle, Michael B. Yandle Landscape Architecture
- Home Decor: Monelle Totah and Gary McNatton, Hudson Grace
- Floral: Jennifer Brant, Green Bouquet Floral Design
With the Marin Design Awards, Vanguard seeks to "bring together the Marin design community, as well as all those who appreciate the importance of good design in our everyday lives," says Patsel, noting that the evening will be a celebration of design in Marin County, featuring food/drink, a fashion show and an awards presentation.
Tickets are $50, with proceeds going to Home for a Home, a local non-profit that partners with other organizations in Guatemala to construct simple, yet solid homes for families lacking adequate housing. MORE INFO & TIX.